The Helmet Assisted Radar Detection, H.A.R.D. System V, is a wireless system invented for motorcyclists needing to know when their radar detector is alerting them of a radar threat. The H.A.R.D. System V provides an immediate visual alert via a flashing LED light inside the helmet illuminated within your field of vision allowing immediate recognition of a radar threat.
The primary benefits of the H.A.R.D. System V are:
1. No Wires between the Rider and the Motorcycle – H.A.R.D. utilizes wireless transmission for critical data: the radar detector warning alert. This eliminates the need to have a clumsy earpiece and avoids tangled wires.
2. No Modifications to Helmet or Radar Detector – The H.A.R.D. transmitter simply plugs into your radar detector and the receiver is easily placed inside your cheek pad or can be mounted on the outside of your helmet. This allows for quick and easy installation with no tools needed for installation.
3. Clean and Simple Design – The H.A.R.D. System V is nearly invisible to others. The transmitter and receiver are small in size avoiding the risk of being seen by the people giving you tickets (no need to give them another reason for not letting you out of a ticket).
4. Same Benefits as sophisticated Military Heads up Display – Heads up Displays allow pilots to keep their eyes on their target. H.A.R.D. allows you to keep your eyes on the road without having to look down and try to see the radar detector alerting you of a radar threat. H.A.R.D. also alerts you wherever your eyes are looking. Whether in a curve or looking at the scenery, you will immediately know when your radar detector is providing an alert.
5. Designed for Motorcycling Conditions – H.A.R.D. provides a visual alert overcoming road noise, music players and intercom systems.
6. One Radar Detector for all Vehicles – H.A.R.D. is an accessory for existing radar detectors. No need to buy a separate radar detector for your bike. If you are already using an Adaptiv, Beltronics, Escort, or Valentine radar detector, simply take the detector from your other vehicle and use it on your bike.
7. Compatible with Leading Radar Detectors – The H.A.R.D. System V is compatible with leading radar detectors.
8. Stand-alone System – Since the H.A.R.D. System V is self-contained, you don’t have to worry about changing your current way of riding. This means no need to re-wire your bike or change your sound system.
The H.A.R.D. System V is made up of two components: a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter has a six-inch power cord with a male RJ11 jack on the end. This cord plugs into the female RJ11 power jack located on the radar detector. These male and female RJ11 jacks look like those used on telephone systems. The H.A.R.D. System V transmitter has a female RJ11 jack that the detector power cord plugs into. A green light on the transmitter indicates when the transmitter is sending a signal to the receiver. Total installation time for the transmitter is less than 10 seconds as it simply plugs ‘in-line’ with the existing detector wiring.
The receiver is a miniature, battery operated device that can be attached to the outside of the helmet. Just like a cell phone, the receiver has an on / off switch to maximize battery life. The receiver has a cord with the red LED warning light located at the end. This allows the small red LED warning light to be placed any where inside your peripheral vision. We refer to the red LED warning light as the ‘business end’ of the receiver.
H.A.R.D. System V Redesign Features
The Helmet Assisted Radar Detection (H.A.R.D.) System has been a very popular radar detector accessory for motorcyclists around the world since being introduced in 2001. Over the years there have been many changes, some subtle, some significant.
The H.A.R.D. System V represents a ground-up redesign. Below are features of the new system:
– Auto off – the H.A.R.D. System V receiver will shut itself off automatically after a set amount of time (four hours of use). Before shutting itself down, the receiver will flash to notify rider of shut down. If the rider wants to keep the receiver on, simply touch the on / off switch and the four hour timer starts over.
– Low Battery Warning – The H.A.R.D. System V notifies the rider of a low power source situation via a flash pattern. No longer is there a worry about having a dead battery during a radar threat.
– Weather Proof – the H.A.R.D. System V has a waterproof design. Both the receiver and transmitter are designed to operate in adverse conditions.
– Standard Battery – the H.A.R.D. System V utilizes a standard, off the shelf battery that provides a cost effective power source.
– Compatible with the Leading Radar Detectors – The H.A.R.D. System V is compatible with radar detectors from Adaptive, Beltronics, Escort, and Valentine.
– Plug-n-Play Design – the H.A.R.D. System V keeps the simple plug-n-play design that has made it so popular over the years.
Please note the H.A.R.D. System V components are not compatible with previous generation H.A.R.D. Systems. The option to purchase individual transmitters and receivers are for those riders who have multiple helmets or multiple motorcycles. Again, please note that H.A.R.D. System V components are not compatible with previous generation H.A.R.D. Systems.
ATTENTION ADAPTIV RADAR DETECTOR USERS
For Adaptiv Radar Detector users, a transmitter is not required because the radar detector already transmits a signal for the H.A.R.D. System receiver. If you are an Adaptiv Radar Detector user, you only need to purchase the H.A.R.D. System V receiver.
There are no reviews yet.